This year, Ozark Fiber Fling is hosting its second Silent Fleece Auction, which will allow students and other attendees the chance to bid on raw fleeces Saturday, November 4, 2017 1-4:00 p.m.
Forms will be available the day of the auction.
The rules are as follow:
- All fleece providers MUST be registered participants in Ozark Fiber Fling 2017. This includes students and vendors. No unregistered drop-offs will be accepted. We will be accepting entries starting at 12 noon on Saturday, November 4, 2017. The auction starts at 1:00 p.m.
- To participate, all entry forms must be filled out before the auction opens, which is Saturday, November 5, 2017, at 1:00 p.m. Have your fleece ready to be displayed on the table by that time. Fleeces MUST remain on the table and may not be removed until 4:00 p.m.
- There is no limit on the number of fleeces entered by registered participants, at a nonrefundable entry fee of $2.00/fleece at submission time. Example: 3 fleeces = $6.00.
- Each entered fleece must come with the following information for the potential bidder: animal, breed, grade, description, contact information, and origin. If an entry does NOT have this information, it will be rejected. If you wish to weigh your fleece, a scale will be available the day of the auction.
- Each entered fleece MUST be in a separate container and be ready for transport, and will be sold “as is”. A larger fleece may be broken into three different entries, but must be marked separately with animal, breed, grade, contact information, and origin.
- Ozark Fiber Fling accepts no responsibility for the quality, usability, or final price of any entered/won fleece. This is strictly between the buyer and the seller.
- Any fleeces NOT bid upon MUST be claimed by the time Ozark Fiber Fling 2017 is over on Saturday afternoon (6:00 p.m.). Unclaimed fleeces will be disposed of by the staff of Ozark Fiber Fling at their discretion. If you submit fleeces but cannot claim them before the given time, please make advance arrangements with Lois Wissmann, the event coordinator, for their disposal. The same goes for anyone who wins a fleece. Fleeces must be paid for in full and claimed before the end of Ozark Fiber Fling 2017 is over (Saturday, 5:00 p.m.) unless advance arrangements are made. Buyers and sellers are responsible for transporting their own fleeces – Ozark Fiber Fling will not ship them.
- Checks/cash for all winning bids must be submitted to the auction administrator at the end of the event or the fleece will be forfeit. Cash and checks must be for the FULL amount and checks MUST be made out to the owner of the fleece or the fleece will be forfeit.
Thank you, and happy bidding!